About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mary Joan Revealed



There is a character inside me. A character so out of control, so unpleasant, it's to much to take in. This person is Mary Joan Ringwald, the person just dying to break through. When people see Mary Joan they can't believe that I could ever act like such an outrageous nut case. Well....she's there inside me.

Where did she come from?!

The idea of Mary Joan orginally started with Josh Groban. Of course I love Josh Groban he has been my role model and love since the 7th grade. Ever since I listened to "You Raise Me Up" I have been hooked to his voice. I saw Josh twice in concert. The first time I saw him it was because I threw a fit at my dad in the 10th grade that I didn't get flowers like all the other girls in school. My dad then whipped out tickets to center stage third row seats to Josh's concert in Raliegh. Yeah best moment of my life. My second time I saw Josh I saw him front row with my besties Allie and Chels and my fantabulous momma in the 11th grade it was amazing. Never been so close to my hero.

A character is born...

So then comes along my senior summer right before I head off to college. I got an amazing idea to make a video about Josh but it's about a crazy stalker fan and celebrity obsessions. It was the first video I made having myself play two characters at once. And after I put it up on youtube, the vide went nuts with hits!
Episode #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I07Q9LDXRgg

Mary Joan was not a character I made up from scratch. She is your stereotypical geek annoying figure, but Mary Joan is an actual person.

When I moved to North Carolina from South Carolina I was 8 years old. We moved next to these "neighbors." The neighbors daughter became my baby sitter due to the fact my parents traveled because of racing and I already missed enough school. Her character her attitude is everything that you see in Mary Joan. The invasion of personl space, the laugh, the voice, the facial expressions. THEY ARE ALL MY NEIGHBORS DAUGHTER. And yes she DOES HAVE A CELEBRITY OBSESSION and that celebrity happens to be Keith Urban.

Thinking the video was only a one hit wonder. I got inspiration when Josh told everyone he was about to release Illuminations, his newest album. So I made the returning sequel video and once again the character was unleashed out of me. And the video got a thousand hits!
Episode #2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNR1C-jjWw4

The next video I do believe WAS SEEN BY JOSH. The only reason I believe this is because I think Josh's technical assistant Sarah attached it to his 30 second preview of "Hidden Away" video. Plus it's one of my favorites it deserves to have the most hits.
Episode #3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_vx9nFqGrk




This episode is when Josh finally told the world the release date for Illuminations. Plus I had a request from some fans to bring my adorable obese child (my dog) back into more videos, so Jazzy became a star.
Episode #4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rX2XJq2x6Q

Haha! Okay! It was Halloween at the time and Josh just released another single, "Voce Existe Em Mim." Yes I did go out and personally buy a V for Vendetta mask! HA! So much fun!
Episode #5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB7AItjpVgU

"Hidden Away" turned into a music video, priceless. SO I brought my best friend from college home and I had her star in this episode. This is the breaking point in when I started to bring in other people into the episodes. And honestly Jaylyn says that she can't act, I disagree, she did wonderfully! She needs to get into the theatre department! The best part is when she "met" Mary Joan for the first time she was truly scared of me.
Epsidoe #6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxZudoJA7lE

My videos then began to sky rocket out and about all over the world literally. I started filming everywhere! EVERYWHERE!!!


Then the earth shattering event happened, Illuminations came out! I took this episode out of my bedroom setting and out all over Lynchburg,VA. I had my friend Allie film the beginning and Jaylyn helped me with the rest and starred in it once again(or more like Mary Joan tackled her). But this is overall the BEST video I have made because it was so important.
Lucky Episode #7
http://www.vimeo.com/16952077


The next video of course came way on into the future around Christmas time after I was done with A Christmas Carol. I went to Michigan for Christmas and my favorite person/cousin Paul who is also a theatre buff I had him make his first appearance as both a Justin Bieber and Mary Joan's brother Max. Max and Mary Joan are absolute opposites, that was Paul's idea. They look the same and have celebrity obsessions, but they are opposites in attitude. Max dosen't speak at all. In this episode we went to the nearest mall to see Santa to ask for Josh Groban and Justin Bieber. This episode had a lot of firsts, it was the first time I asked a complete stranger to be in the video, and the first time Paul and I actually waited without leaving the Santa line for 2 hours! But yeah it was great filming with him and I loved every moment of it! Plus the Santa actually believed Paul and I were "special" kids. Oh jeez....
Episode #8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B829_emVxr8


Every year my family and I go to Aruba, and I decided to an international video and ask people all over the beach of Aruba if they knew who Josh Groban was. The two ladies in this video I do know, the reason why they looked so shocked is because I walked off the beach, changed into costume, and came back as Mary Joan (had my mom record the whole thing) with little warning told them they were about to be filmed. And this was the result! Also had another random kid star in this episode. He was so happy when I asked him to kick sand on me!
Episode #9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRwSEIitZr4


It had been a while since the last episode so I decided to throw another video in, and I went back to my bedroom setting. This video is a personal favorite of mine just because it's so funny that Mary Joan can not draw and yet she tried to teach everyone how to draw Josh Groban. I did however lose my voice and get the flu right after this video....the consequences of being Mary Joan.
Epsiode #10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGJwj9ZecbE






Because of these videos people have met a side of me that will haunt them for ages. I have literally had complete strangers come up to me and ask if I am the girl from the Josh Groban videos. I have people around Liberty tell me they have seen my videos. I have had some individuals stare at me in shock that this side of me truly exists.

So you may ask WHY!?!?! Well I am going for the ultimate episode.....I bet you can guess what it is.

Mary Joan meets Josh Groban.

No comments:

Post a Comment