About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My theme song is Cave In

Have you ever heard of the singer/song writer Owl City. If you heard the song Fireflies then you probably have heard of him. Anyway, I remeber at when I first arrived at Liberty I got a huge card for iTunes as a graduation gift. I downlaoded all of his songs and his songs were my comfort. Because his lyrics didnt make me think to much, they were spontaneous, and I already have developed a liking to some techno music. Owl City put it all together. But since I have been here at Aruba his latest album Ocean Eyes, all those songs have been my theme songs during my stay here in Aruba.

I do and then I dont want to go back to Liberty. I realized this today almost a hundred feet in the air. I was parasailing. As I looked at practically the whole island in front of me. Then I looked down at the small tan spots emerge and then right back down into the ocean, sea turtles. If some one gave me an amazing offer, and told me that I could never return to the United States. I would stay in Aruba. It has been a part of me for my whole life. And the advertising slogans are right, "It's home away from home." But so is Liberty.

I remember going to Liberty for the first time when I was in the 11th grade. My friend Allie's parents went to school there and that's were they met and fell in love. She asked me one weekend right before Christmas to come with her to Liberty to see two musicals. Of course I agreed to go. When we arrived at Liberty, I was in complete awe. I had never been on a college campus before! In my eyes this college was "da bomb!"

When I sat in that little small theatre that Liberty possessed, I knew this is where I should be.

Of course time flew by and I went to University of North Carolina School of the Arts for their summer program. I had a blast, and learned a lot from my classes. I knew this is the college for me. I went for an audition last Feb. and I was not accepted. I went to East Carolina University for an audition there and I was not accepted. I even apllied to University of Charlotte for just general studies, I WASNT EVEN ACCEPTED THERE! I thought what is the deal?! I made a great score on my SAT my second round and had the honor role all through school. I told my cousin Aimee, who is my hero, and she said something wrong must have happened. She looked at my transcripts and immediately blamed my counsler. I didnt doubt that,my high school counsler loved to ruin my life! She was a SHRINK! Literally she would try to shrink your character till you were convinced you were the size of an ant!

Anyway, with all hope lost, convinced I was going to go to community college instead of a university. My mother told me I should apply to Liberty. Within two weeks, they accepted me! I knew God was trying to send me a sign that I belonged there.

That's my testimony of Liberty, kind of rabbit trailed there, but I thought you should know the true story.

And sadly I do not want to return there. I will explain that later. I am tired and need sleep.

A little-wait, HUGE surprise happened tonight on the island. I went into this jewlery store tonight, just looking around with my aunt and mom. When I came out, I almost ran right into DANIEL! MY ISLAND ROMANCE BOY! My mother told me that I looked like the wind was knocked out of me, and my mouth dropped wide open. This does not surprise me because I felt like someone punched me in the gut. I was so in shock he was in front of me! We were shopping in the same area, at night, now my dahling lets run to Vegas and get hitched! ahha! not...But I know that God answered my prayer and and He must think this is absolutely hilarious, and loves a little soap opera drama :P

Ok, now I am going! Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment